Monday, January 14, 2008

i loved you..?

you said you loved me..
but showed so much doubt,
I gave you my love in return I do without.

did everything for you dear what more expected is due..
tried to make you happy got sorrow back from you..

I lived your gamely lies till I lost all my pride,
until the fragment of my spirit choked up inside..

I truly gave to you..
if only it was returned,
and now it is late that I have learned.

I think I have had enough..
it is time for me to move on,

can’t hold on to something that I know is gone.

don’t think I ever had what I thought it was,
must have been something else but surely wasn’t Love.

have to say good-bye dear..
I need to think of me,
it hurts to walk away but that’s how it’s got to be.

hope I can move on..
new life waits me ahead,

wish it were with You and not this way instead..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

starting with the title, its different in the sense its made a question... 'I loved you..?'
The feelings are so well conveyed, as if answering the ques.... I loved you..??
folks can relate to it but to put the feeling this way, so clear on thoughts is really nice....
i liked it a lot