Wednesday, October 10, 2007

'He..'

I heard a distant mumbling..
Then I was drawn towards this voice..
It got louder and clearer when I reached the pinnacle..

“Persuade them to work 7 days each week,
10-12 hours a day,
so they can afford their empty lifestyles...”
He said.

A deep husky voice..
I was amused and mersmerised..

I listened more attentively..


"Let their lives be motivated by numbers..targets and deadlines...

Let them live off coffee machines and junk food..

Keep them from spending time with their family and soon their homes will offer no escape from the pressures of work!

Then take them to the best discs and pubs only to refresh and rejuvenate themselves over smoke, beer and upbeat music..

Entice them to play the radio or cassette player whenever they drive and to keep the TV’s and their PCs going constantly..

Invade their spare time with ‘Sudoku’, 'Solitaire' and ‘Snake’..

And even their driving moments with skinny, beautiful and handsome models on billboards..

Make them fall in love and then fall out of love..
Then loose faith in all relationships..

Let their presence be felt by their friends through those unwanted forwards..
Flood their mailboxes with such junk mail..


N evn if dey sms mke evry lettr count..

Then send them to malls, sporting events, amusement parks, rock concerts, and movies instead..

Tempt them to spend more than what they earn and then make them work even harder to earn, borrow and loan..

Keep them busy in the non-essentials of life and invent innumerable schemes to occupy their minds..

Let them be lost and misguided about the mere essence of life.. 'to live rather exist'..

Crowd their lives with distractions so that they cannot hear that still, small voice..

Even if they do..

Confuse them..

Discourage them..

Make them doubt themselves..

And then give them headaches too..!!

Keep them too busy to go out in nature and reflect on its wonders..

to pause..

to reflect and

to think...

Keep them busy, busy, busy..!!!

And it will work..!!”

Then I heard my alarm go berserk..

Then through the day I kept thinking about this dream..
Wondering whether I should I be thinking about it at all..!!
I don't know..
It was quite a plan!

But then I should worry only if dreams ever come true..

No comments: